Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

“Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.”

I realized that the circumstances wouldn’t change until I did.

And by entertaining this toxic emotion was getting me nowhere but deeper in my hole of self pity.

Last night was when jealousy and I parted ways, leading me to some very powerful realizations:

Realization #1: Being anything less than happy for others was blocking my own chance at success and happiness.

Frowning on another person’s good fortune doesn’t feel good; therefore, it can’t be creating good things. Feeling excited for someone feels good; therefore, it can help create more good things, for me and for them.

Realization #2: Seeing the positive experiences other people were having opened me up to the possibilities.

There is always enough to go around if I believe it is so. I simply have to claim it.

Realization #3: Everything is temporary, and the tables are constantly turning.

Circumstances are constantly changing, so to spend a great deal of time and energy fretting over them or wishing for something different is, frankly, a waste.

Realization #4: Appreciating “what is” makes what “could be” even sweeter.

Maybe I don’t have the career success or relationship satisfaction of those around me, but by working through anything that is less than ideal, I'm achieving something great: growth. And growth will make room for the changes I’ve been waiting for.

2 comments:

I used to feel jealous almost all the time. It was suffocating, and I kept asking myself "yipe, why can't I do it? why can't I be like you? why can't I be as sexy as you?"

I remember telling all of this to my head of department at my workplace in one of those face-to-face meetings, and she asked: "why can't you? just do it already. no one is stopping you but yourself."

So, for me, as long as your "wants" are not contradictory to your beliefs or religion, go ahead, let jealously drive you to be who you want to be. Just don't let it consume you too much, which I believe you won't with your latest post.

I don't believe jealousy can be separated from humans or even humanity. However, I believe jealously can be tamed that way.

September 30, 2011 at 6:10 PM  

hey shima! not sure if u still want to read abt christmas but i haven't had d time to blog!! haha. perhaps cny :D hope u r keeping well!

January 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

MY AL-QURAN

Listen to Quran

BIG NUFF